Friday 19 September 2014


The France international is confident that Madrid can win more silverware in the years to come after signing a contract extension at the Santiago Bernabeu side

Raphael Varane promptly set his sights on winning the Champions League again after penning a contract extension with Real Madrid.



The Frenchman signed a new deal on Tuesday that binds him to the Los Blancos until the summer of 2020 on Thursday and he is looking forward to winning more silverware after playing his part in last season's Decima success.

"We are going to try to win the European Cup again as well as other titles. We have a fantastic squad and I think we can succeed," Varane told the official Madrid website.

"I have experienced a lot of enjoyable moments, as well as bad ones, and it fills me with pride. I think there will be more good times ahead in the future and I am going to be happy here.

"I'm really happy that I'm staying here. I thought about continuing with this club and with this contract I am now able to do that. I feel great and everyone has treated me very well.

“This contract shows the confidence the club has in me and I want to continue growing. I have progressed a lot since I came here as an 18-year-old but I want to keep growing with this great club. I am more mature now and I have learned a lot."

Varane, 21, joined Madrid from Lens in the summer of 2011 and has since made over 70 official appearances in all competitions for the Spanish club.

1 comments:

  1. Hi, need a help from you.

    I'm using this same blogger template for one of my blogs, but AdSense codes don't work on it. I downloaded this template on BTemplate.com, and they don't provide support.

    Really appreciate if you can help me how you fixed this on your site.

    email me on

    eplanetinteractive at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete